The CEO of a regional health insurance carrier initiated a multi-year investment to introduce enhanced data analytic capabilities to the organization. The organization needed help moving from their initial high level EDW strategy to an actionable business focused analytics roadmap that would help guide this important program forward.
As part of developing the analytics roadmap short workshops were conducted to validate initial project priorities with key business stakeholders. Emphasis was placed on keeping these initial projects small and tactically focused on near term business needs/ This approach also made it more practical to develop some of the required foundational data warehouse components. In parallel with these projects a second round of business prioritization was conducted to align the program’s priorities with the longer term strategic business goals of the company. Both these near term and longer term analytic priorities were brought together into a single strategic roadmap for the program. In addition structure and process was put in place to iteratively review and adjust the analytics roadmap as business needs and priorities changed over time.
Key Project Outcomes:
- Confirmation that the major business needs were considered for prioritization
- Alignment between the executive team and key stakeholders on the key priorities for the program
- An iterative process for maintaining the program’s strategic roadmap
- An actionable roadmap that was used to measure progress and ensure accountability
Latest posts by Phil Kelly (see all)
- Five Ideas to Improve your Analytics Returns - October 24, 2018
- 5 Reasons to Take a Portfolio Approach to Analytics - September 27, 2018
- How Small Provider Networks Can Be Data-Driven without Breaking the Bank - May 11, 2018