A global insurance broker needed a more fact based understanding of the client base to identify more actionable margin improvement opportunities. The organization had implemented several significant changes to their business operating model that had failed to generate the desired margin improvements.
An activity based prototype of the company’s client base was developed to fact based view of the key profit drivers for the organization. This prototype identified actionable business insights related to client activities, pricing, and service models. To generate these insights in a repeatable fashion, a new analytics platform was built to deliver interactive client profitability analysis and support the go forward analytic needs for the organization.
Key Project Outcomes
- New client segmentation strategies were implemented
- Client plans were put in place to adjust pricing and service model and improve client profitability
- The profitability analytics platform also enabled insurance benchmarking which improved new client acquisition and retention
- Operating margin improvements of 5% to 10% were achieved in the first 24 months
Latest posts by Phil Kelly (see all)
- Five Ideas to Improve your Analytics Returns - October 24, 2018
- 5 Reasons to Take a Portfolio Approach to Analytics - September 27, 2018
- How Small Provider Networks Can Be Data-Driven without Breaking the Bank - May 11, 2018