A national consumer packaged goods manufacturer had recently completed a major ERP deployment. The client wanted an analytics strategy and roadmap that would enable them to leverage both their new ERP platform and external data to improve promotion effectiveness, inventory management, and the sales effectiveness of their distribution channels.
To help achieve these goals an analytic strategy was developed based on business stakeholder input and an assessment of the organization’s existing analytic and data capabilities. Bringing this information together with key CPG industry analytic trends and benchmarks a framework was developed that quantified the analytic business value opportunity for the organization. In addition, a future state information architecture, technology model, and analytics operating model was developed. A multi-year strategic roadmap was developed that would deliver the identified analytic capabilities, implement the future state solution architecture, and implement a BI competency center model that would support decision making for the company.
Key Project Outcomes
- The future state was described in terms of analytic capabilities, information architecture, technology, organization, and process capabilities
- CPG industry analytics and business intelligence best practices were leveraged in the strategic roadmap
- A business value framework was in place to help the organization evaluate their analytic investment opportunities
- There was a strategic roadmap the organization could follow to guide them in implementing the future state
Latest posts by Phil Kelly (see all)
- Five Ideas to Improve your Analytics Returns - October 24, 2018
- 5 Reasons to Take a Portfolio Approach to Analytics - September 27, 2018
- How Small Provider Networks Can Be Data-Driven without Breaking the Bank - May 11, 2018