A global P&C insurance carrier had decided to consolidate and rationalize the IT organizations supporting their North America business units. The consolidated $200M IT organization needed to establish a plan that would identify synergies, achieve cost efficiencies, and establish a single IT culture.
Acting as an interim SVP a new technology management function was established. This new role was responsible for developing an IT transformation strategy and leading a transformation program to consolidate the IT organizations. As part of the transformation an external benchmarking study was conducted to develop a multi-faceted road-map to introduce new best practice disciplines, implement new sourcing strategies, and better leverage technology investments.
Key Project Outcomes
- Implementation of an infrastructure shared services model; help desk, data center, and disaster recovery
- Leverage opportunities related to common document management, e-commerce, and business intelligence investments were identified
- Implementation of best practices such as portfolio management, agile methodologies, and shared architecture capabilities
- Deployment of a new application development and maintenance model and sourcing strategy
- Development of a roadmap to achieve 10% to 15% in IT cost efficiencies
Latest posts by Phil Kelly (see all)
- Five Ideas to Improve your Analytics Returns - October 24, 2018
- 5 Reasons to Take a Portfolio Approach to Analytics - September 27, 2018
- How Small Provider Networks Can Be Data-Driven without Breaking the Bank - May 11, 2018