The strategic IT planning group for a large insurance carrier had some aggressive cost reduction goals for the IT organization. To achieve these goals the client wanted to significantly enhance their annual technology planning process and establish a stronger link to their existing IT resource management processes.
To achieve these goals the annual planning process was redesigned to improve transparency and focus decision making around key IT activities and costs. In addition to the design and facilitation of the planning process, work was also completed to redesign the IT financial reporting systems to deliver new activity based reports, metrics, and scorecards for the organization.
Key Project Outcomes
- Implementation of a new annual technology planning process that could also be used for future planning cycles
- Redesigned IT cost center and functional financial reporting
- Upgraded and re-deployed the IT budget and planning system
- Development of an annual plan to achieve 10% to 15% in IT cost reductions
Latest posts by Phil Kelly (see all)
- Five Ideas to Improve your Analytics Returns - October 24, 2018
- 5 Reasons to Take a Portfolio Approach to Analytics - September 27, 2018
- How Small Provider Networks Can Be Data-Driven without Breaking the Bank - May 11, 2018